Hi Orekit community!
Orekit 10.3 has been released 8 months ago (21/12/2020). Since the last release, a lot of bugs were fixed, and a lot of new features were developed, representing 55 completed issues according to the issue tracker. To give you an idea, 55 issues were completed for 10.1, 35 issues for 10.2, and 43 issues for 10.3. So I think it’s time to release Orekit 11.0.
Below, a brief summary of the main changes already completed:
- Orbit determination using TLE orbit propagator
- Sequential batch least squares orbit determination
- New method signatures for IOD using directly the measurement classes
- Writer and parser for all CCSDS Navigation Data Messages in both KVN and XML formats
- Version 2 of CCSDS Tracking Data Messages
- Version 3 of CCSDS Orbit Data Messages
- Support for Rinex navigation files
- Support for IGS clock files
- Support for IGS real time data including both SSR and RTCM messages and Ntrip protocole
- Consideration of eclipses by Moon in solar radiation pressure force
- New API for analytical GNSS propagators
- Addition of the
finishmethod to finalize propagation by step handlers. It replaces the previous
isLastparameter of the
- Removal of propagation modes (master, slave, and ephemeris)
- Possibility to add several step handlers for the same orbit propagation
- A lot of fixed bug
Are the previous features sufficient for a new release?
Do you have any feature under development that you would like to add in the program?