Hi Orekit community,
First, I would like to wish you an happy new year!
Orekit 10.3 has been released the 21th December 2020. It is the third version of the 10.X family. Before starting the development of the next release of Orekit, I think we must discuss the roadmap and the nature of the next version.
What do you think that next release must be? A minor or a major release?
Do you have any feature you want to see or to include in the roadmap of the next release?
Currently, 29 issues in the Orekit’s bug tracker have a 11.0 milestone. It represents about 50% of the current opened issues.Therefore, I think it’s time to start the development of the 11.0 version of Orekit. I would like to see in the roadmap:
- Fixes of the current opened issues with a 11.0 milestone,
- Orbit determination using TLE theory (Thomas Paulet internship),
- Support for ODM v3,
- Measurement preprocessing functionalities,
- Add the possibility to have time stamped parameter drivers in order to estimate parameters with a time validity (e.g. EOP, clock offsets, …),
- Improved initialization of DSST force models (i.e. have a separate initialization of the short periodic terms and the global force model),
- Improve performance of
Transform(see: Improve Performance of Transform),
- Fix the issue related to that discussion: Configuring IDE w/Latest Version