When utilizing numerical method determines, how many points of gps(x, y, z, vx, vy, vz data are at least required ? If the Estimated reflection coefficient is negative, what could be the cause?Thank everyone!!!
Welcome to the Orekit forum.
There is just a theoretical minimum of observation. It corresponds to the number of estimated parameter. Because you need at least one equation per estimated parameter.
After that, the only rule is: the more observations you have, the more your optimizer appreciate
In order to help you and provide you more precise advice, could you tell us:
- The dynamical model you used to initialize the numerical propagator.
- The number of measurements.
- The type of measurements
- The measurement time span
The best would be a runnable test case in order to reproduce your issue and debugging it.
Thank you so much！
- I’m using numerical estimated no numerical propagator.
- The number of measurements is around 500.
- The type of measurements：I don’t know.
- The measurement time span is 10 seconds.
You’re in trouble
What should be the normal range of cd and cr values?
They should be positive. “Classical” values for drag and reflection coefficient is around 2., so say between 0 and 5.
Classical value for
I see, thanks