Making Python executable using Pyinstaller

Hello everyone,
I would like to create an executable of my python code using PyInstaller.

Unfortunately, I am having some poblems creating the executable. This is what I have done step by step to create the .exe file:

1. I created a miniconda environment within which I installed the Orekit Python Wrapper together with PyIntsaller, and all the other packages requested by the code.

2. The executable is created by running the code:

pyinstaller --onefile my_file.py

At this point, it is created a dist/ folder within which I have the executable file my_file.exe. As a try to run the file I got an error message:

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Unable to load native library: libverify.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I saw in PyInstaller documentation that additional data and dependencies can be added by editing the .spec file which is created during the executable making process.

1. I found the native library libverify.so in the jre folder of my environment at ./my_env/jre/lib/amd64, and I added its path to the .spec file:

a = Analysis(…
binaries=[ ( ‘./my_env/jre/lib/amd64/libverify.so’, ‘.’ ) ],

1. When I try to execute the .exe file again it now prints the following error:
Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

It seems that there is a problem with JAVA and the initialization of the Virtual Machine called with vm = orekit.initVM().

Anyone knows how to solve that issue?

If it can be useful, I am currently using Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS Linux distribution.

Thank you in advance,

Giulio