Issue with export into .jar file

Hi all,

I coded my Java script using Eclipse and exported it into a Runnable JAR file in order to use Matlab to scatter different propagation parameters. It used to work fine when I was using Orekit 9.2, at that time I was only importing a single self-contained orekit-9.2.jar file and I think it was fine as all the data were in a single file.

But now that I’m using orekit-10.0.jar which I only found as a class folder, the export seems to be handled in a way which does not export all the data required, here it seems like it did not export the frames data contained in the orekit-10.0.jar folder. Hence Matlab crashes with the following message:

Exception in thread "main" org.orekit.errors.OrekitException: unable to find file /assets/org/orekit/IERS-conventions/2010/nutation-arguments.txt 
	at org.orekit.data.FundamentalNutationArguments.parseCoefficients(FundamentalNutationArguments.java:174) 
	at org.orekit.data.FundamentalNutationArguments.<init>(FundamentalNutationArguments.java:133) 
	at org.orekit.utils.IERSConventions$3.getNutationArguments(IERSConventions.java:1632) 
	at org.orekit.utils.IERSConventions$3.getXYSpXY2Function(IERSConventions.java:1675) 
	at org.orekit.frames.CIRFProvider.<init>(CIRFProvider.java:62) 
	at org.orekit.frames.FramesFactory.getCIRF(FramesFactory.java:822) 
	at org.orekit.frames.FramesFactory.getTIRF(FramesFactory.java:772) 
	at org.orekit.frames.FramesFactory.getITRF(FramesFactory.java:677) 

Would anyone know a way around this issue?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

B.

Hi @benoist

Where did you download the orekit-10.0.jar ?

This link will propose you to download orekit-10.0.jar from the Nexus repository. I verified and the folder /assets/org/orekit/IERS-conventions/2010/nutation-arguments.txt is included in the .jar.

The problem may comes from your setting. You can find a tutorial on how initialize Orekit in a Matlab environment here. Maybe this can help you.

Kind regards,
Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I tried your .jar but when importing it onto Eclipse it does not show in the imported elements…

The folder I downloaded was coming from: https://www.orekit.org/download.html

I don’t think it has anything to do with Matlab, I’m just using it to create an input file for the .jar file I’ve compiled on Eclipse. So technically Matlab is not using Orekit.

Kind regards,

Benoist

The link you used is a good one. Please note that we released Orekit 10.1 recently. So, if you still use this link to download Orekit, you will download Orekit 10.1 now.

Concerning your issue, it is difficult to find a solution without having your workspace in front of me … Moreover, I did not encountered your issue.

I can try to propose some solutions but I think you already try them.

• If you just want to see Orekit’s elements in Eclipse, maybe you have to download the sources of the project. After that, you can import it into Eclipse using the following steps: File > Import … > Projects from Folder or Archive > Archive …

• If you want to add an Orekit dependency to your project, you can configure its Build Path by right clicking on your personal project and selecting Build Path > Configure Build Path > Projects > Add …

Bryan