Installation script to be completed

Using Python 3.6.9, JCC 3.10 was installed (all this manually cause I cannot use conda).
I am compiling Orekit 10.3 with OpenJDK 8.

As explained in the wiki for the manual installation, I created a build.sh based on the most recent version.
I had to add the following packages:

java.util.function.DoubleConsumer \
java.util.function.LongConsumer \
java.util.function.IntConsumer \

TBN: it is important not to forget to add an important jar that causes many problems of compilation otherwise
--classpath $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar \

I did not put the line:
--files 81 \
as I don’t know its usage (and probably related to a specific version of Orekit ?), and I didn’t have any problems without it for the moment

Hi Guylaine,

Sorry for your troubles, the files on the master were not the latest, but good you figured it out.

the --files 81 is not critical and you should be fine without it. it makes JCC split the code into 81 (arbitary number that evolved over time :slight_smile: ),which makes it somewhat easier to debug if one needs to enter that route…

did you need to add the tools.jar manually in the JCC build script? What was the result without it?

Sorry again for not having the latest files on the repo, I use an automated build for conda-forge and has recently apparently only been updating the files there.

Regards

As concern the tools.jar, at first as I used the wiki version (without this jar), I had the following problems:

While loading org/orekit/compiler/plugin/DefaultDataContextPlugin
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", mod_spec)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/home/guylaine/RuggedAndCo/PythonRugged/Python3VirtualEnv/RuggedVenv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/jcc/__main__.py", line 110, in <module>
    cpp.jcc(sys.argv)
  File "/home/guylaine/RuggedAndCo/PythonRugged/Python3VirtualEnv/RuggedVenv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/jcc/cpp.py", line 664, in jcc
    cls = findClass(className.replace('.', '/'))
  File "/home/guylaine/RuggedAndCo/PythonRugged/Python3VirtualEnv/RuggedVenv/lib/python3.6/site-packages/jcc/cpp.py", line 51, in findClass
    cls = _findClass(className)
jcc.cpp.JavaError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/source/util/Plugin
Java stacktrace:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/source/util/Plugin
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

I tried to add the missing class but another one was missing and add the new missing one and so on …
Then I had a look at the build.sh from the conda-recipe and found the jar !!! :sweat_smile:

Hi,I was trying to compile orekit with some other java classes.So I’m curious if you have compiled them successfully?