I am trying to get the predicted/corrected measurements/spacecraft states out of the results of a Kalman Filter but cannot seem to figure out how. Specifically I am trying to get a way to pull out the measurement residuals from the Kalman Estimation. I have been using the KalmanODTest.java as a reference to build the kalman, and am also writing in python. Below is my abridged process for setting and running the kalman:
- build ‘int_builder’ with an IntegratorBuilder
- build ‘prop_builder’ with a NumericalPropagatorBuilder
- add mass and forces to ‘prop_builder’
- turn on estimation for Cr and Cd through PropagationParametersDrivers
- build ‘filt’ with a KalmanEstimatorBuilder.build()
- run the Kalman Filter using filt.estimateStep on each measurement
This outputs a list of AbstractIntegratedPropagators which I can use to grab the estimated state, but no way to get the prediction/correction at each discrete measurement.
It would also be helpful to get some insight into how the KalmanEstimator, KalmanObserver, and KalmanEstimation interface with eachother (does the observer take a function?).