3rd Orekit Talk: "Orekit for the Global Trajectory Optimisation Competition" by Romain Serra

Dear everyone,

It is with great pleasure that I announce to you the 3rd Orekit Talk event:

“Orekit for the Global Trajectory Optimisation Competition (GTOC)”, presented by Romain Serra (@Serrof).

It will be hosted virtually on Friday, April 19, 2024 at 1pm UTC+2:00.

Romain and his team “The Mean Anomalies” participated in GTOC 12 and they used Orekit to compute their solution to the “Sustainable Asteroid Mining Problem” !!

Save the date! A link to register for the event will be provided soon.

Cheers,
Maxime

1 Like

So hyped :tada:

2 Likes

Here is the link to register for the event:

A few days before the meeting we will provide a direct link to connect to the webinar.
If you have any problems registering or questions, feel free to share them on this thread!

This competition looks amazing, I had no idea of its existence :pray:
I’m hyped for the presentation as well :raised_hands:

1 Like

Me too @Manny !!

I’m taking advantage of your answer to remind everyone not to forget to register for Romain’s presentation !! (link is above in previous post)

2 Likes

Dear everyone,

This is a last reminder: the 3rd Orekit talk is tomorrow.
Don’t forget to suscribe!

1 Like

Hello! I didn’t realize the presentation was a bit too early for me, so I subscribed, but I missed it :disappointed_relieved::zzz:
Are you planning to upload the video, just like with the 1st Orekit Talk?
Thank you :pray:

Hi @Manny,

Yes the video will be uploaded very soon

2 Likes

Dear all,

Here is the material for the 3rd Orekit talk by Romain Serra.
Thanks a lot to him again !!!

The references on optimization and the GTOC (see at the end of the slides):

And the publications by Romain’s team(s) for GTOC 9 and 11:

Thanks to all the attendees!

We’re always happy to organize this kind of event. If you want to present something related to Orekit please contact me or any of the developers, or propose it directly on the forum!!!

It is open to everyone in the community, you can present your application or product, the only requirement is that it is related to Orekit.

See you soon!

5 Likes

Thank you for that Maxime.

I’m adding here a link testifying on the use of Orekit for GTOCs. It’s from Team Jena, a high-performing player in the history of the competition. Not clear how they used it exactly, but this shows that the library had been used in this context way before 2023.

Cheers,
Romain.

4 Likes