Orekit 10.0 has been released 7 month ago (27/06/2019) and current developments of the new version are more or less finished. So it’s time to think about Orekit 10.1 !
Here is a list of the main changes already completed:
- Combination of GNSS measurements.
- Wind-up effect on GNSS measurements.
- Support for Hatanaka compact RINEX format.
- Laplace initial orbit determination method.
- A new Field Of View package that includes circular, elliptical, dihedral and polygonal field of views.
- Comparison methods in AbsoluteDate class.
- Moved Orekit’s tutorials to a separate sister project.
- NeQuick ionospheric model.
- Improvement of the contributing guide.
- Possibility to use multiplexed measurement.
- IRNSS and SBAS analytical orbit propagators.
- Possibility to write covariance matrices in OEM writers.
- Default constructors for DSST force models.
- Connection with Gitlab CI.
- Improvement of release proceeding.
- Implementation of the data loading proposal.
- Several bug fixes in GNSS attitude models; orbit propagators;
RinexLoaderclasses, inital orbit determination methods, orbit determination, etc
(If I forgot something in the above list, do not estimate to tell me that)
Here are the remaining issues I see:
Is there other developments that shall be performed before releasing Orekit 10.1 ? I think that the previous enumerated points are sufficient to make a great 10.1 version of Orekit !
What do you think about this?