Next Orekit version

About #656: we had several iterations with @evan.ward. There might still be a few minor things to change, in particular it would be good if someone can check whether my latest implementation achieved thread-safety. Otherwise I think the merge request is nearly ready.

About #648, that is good for me.

Unfortunately, the vote for releasing 1.7 version of Hipparchus failed as quorum was not reached.

Thank you all for your feedback,

Can you create a merge request on branch maneuver-package? Once the merge request accepted, I will merge it into develop branch.

It’s not a problem, we can wait until the Hipparchus version 1.7 vote. Especially since some new features are very useful in Orekit 10.2.

That point is now finished. It took longer than I expected. I created a merge request for develop branch. @luc, as you developed the Hipparchus part, can you have a quick look on this please?

Thank you again.
We are very close to release soon!

Bryan

The merge request is created.

Hi,

The new maneuver package reorganization is merged into develop branch. Hipparchus 1.7 is released. So, we are ready to release Orekit 10.2!

If it is ok for you, I’d like to start the release process this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

They are two points that have to be finished before starting the release process:

• Merge !55 into develop branch. I will do that this afternoon.
  • @evan.ward do you want to fix #643 for 10.2 or we can reprogram it for the next release ?

Thank you,
Bryan

1 Like

+1 for using current state as Orekit 10.2 version.

I’m not going to have time to fix #643 today, so it’s fine to move to the next release. It should be a fairly quick fix of just creating a new DecimalFormat each time it is used.

Thanks for doing the release!

+1 for me to release the current development branch, thank you.

@yzokras you did not defined a Copyright in your class header. I cannot merge the branch without it… Can you define or provide one? Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I remove the milestone of #643.

Everything is merged into develop branch. I start the release process.